Jace.NET 0.9: your input is appreciated!
Most of the last previous releases were limited and only introduced bug fixes or new mathematical functions. Jace.NET has already a complete support for all the standard math, but for the next release I have decided to increase the scope: from version 0.9 forward Jace.NET will have full support for matrices!
The following syntax is planned:
- Definition of a matrix: A = [1,2,3;4,5,6;7,8,9]
- Scalar multiplication: 3*A
- Matrix multiplication: A*B
- Transpose: A’ or transpose(A)
- Select a matrix element: A[2,3]
- New functions: ones(3,3), zeros(3,3)
For the initial 0.9.x release(s), I have foreseen the following constraints to simplify the initial support for matrices:
- It will not be supported to use variables in matrix elements: so the following syntax will initially not be allowed: [1,2,3;4,var,6;7,8,9]
- All matrix elements will be interpreted as doubles in the engine (not as integers)
And now comes the part where you are involved as a reader: I would really like have your input.
- Would this satisfy you (matrix) needs?
- Is the proposal ok?
- Are the constraints acceptable?
- Besides matrix support, what else would you like to see in Jace.NET?
Hope to hear from you guys!